Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flight Booked- On to the itinerary

I booked my flight yesterday morning- so it's on.

I've been thinking about this trip for a while, so I have an itinerary outlined already. I think people who know me won't find it surprising that I have itineraries planned for about 20 different trips, most of which I'll never take!

The plan, for now, is as follows; Five days in Jerusalem. Three days in Galilee & Golan, which will include Nazareth, Armageddon (ruins of an ancient city), Mount Tabor (Transfiguration), Tiberius and the Sea of Galilee, Tsfat (birthplace of Kaballa), and the Golan Heights. Two days in Haifa. Two days in Tel Aviv & Jaffa area. Three more days in Jerusalem, with a side trip to Bethlehem & the West Bank. South to the Red Sea area for 8 days which will include a couple days in Eilat, Israel, a two day trip to Wadi Rum (of Lawrence of Arabia legend) and Petra in Jordan, followed by a ferry boat ride across the Red Sea to the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, where I'll climb Mount Sinai, and finish with a couple days in the resort town of Dahab.

I'm sure it will continue to develop. Stay tuned for more details- I leave May 5th.

No comments: