Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sydney, Australia

This is my favorite travel photo of me I've ever had taken. It was the second photo taken on my two month trip to Australia late in 2001. I suppose you could guess that it is my favorite since I use it on the front page of my website!

Sydney is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. It is located on one of the world's great harbors, one that was discovered by Australia's first colonists by accident. The city also abounds in great museums and cultural sites, as well as great bars and restaurants.
I spent one week wondering around Sydney, taking excursions to The Blue Mountains and Sydney's Beach suburbs of Bondi and Manly. I also climbed to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge (the bridge in the photo) on a guided tour that was given to me as a birthday present from my brother & sister. I am sure I will do another post about that experience later.

Here is a link to my Sydney page- which has photos and the article I wrote there-
http://www.eriksmith.com/Australia/SydneyAus.htm

No comments: